We selectively represent clients whose needs match our unique qualifications. Some of the specific areas in which our attorneys have substantial experience include the following:
Business Law, Banking & Finance
S&G serves as general counsel to new and established businesses.
- General Counsel and Records Services
- Entity Selection & Structure Planning
- Corporate Law, Incorporation, and Business Planning
- Limited Liability Companies
- Negotiation and Enforcement of Partnership, Shareholder & Operating Agreements
- Formation and Operation of Professional Companies for Regulated Professionals
- Corporate and Derivative Litigation
- Advice on Purchases, Sales & Mergers
- Institutional Lending & Borrowing
- Trust & Pension Plan Representation
Local Government & Utility Law
Our attorneys in this practice area represent governments and utilities.
- General Counsel for Cities, Community Development Districts & Special Districts
- Special Counsel for Litigation
- Constitutional Law Matters Involving Taxing Authority, Public Records & Open Government (Sunshine) Matters
- Service as Special Master or Magistrate for Code, Eminent Domain & Land Use Issues
- Representation of Public Pensions
- Representation of Constitutional Officers
- Representation of Condemning & Land Use Authorities
- Public Finance and Issuer’s Counsel Services
- Counsel to Governmental, Cooperative & Private Utilities
- Utility Finance Including State and Federal Grant and Governmental Loan Programs
- Representation in Public Service Commission and Rural Development Utility Matters
- Advice to Law Enforcement
Real Estate Transactions & Development
S&G attorneys represent property owners, developers, property managers, and institutional lenders.
- Real Estate Transactions from Contract Negotiations Through Closing
- Title Insurance & Closing Services
- Preparation of Conveyance and Loan Documents
- Easements, Boundary Issues, Adverse Possession and Suits to Quiet Title
- Land Use and Construction
- Real Estate Litigation Including Foreclosures
- Commercial and Residential Landlord / Tenant Law
- Commercial Loan Workout and Refinancing
- Platting, Subdividing & Declarations of Condominium
Construction law is a branch of law that deals with matters relating to building construction, engineering and related fields. It is in essence an amalgam of contract law, commercial law, planning law, employment law and tort.
- Counsel to General Contractors, Specialty Contractors, Design Professionals & Material Suppliers
- Counsel to Owners and Developers
- Construction Finance
- Construction Lien, Surety Bond & Miller Act Litigation
- Contract Development & Enforcement
- Contractor and Material Supplier Representation
- Defect & Delay Claims
- License Issues
- Representation of Government Owners in Procurement, Contracts, Bonds & Enforcement
Estate Planning & Probate
Estate planning is the process of anticipating and arranging for the disposal of an estate during a person’s life. Estate planning typically attempts to eliminate uncertainties over the administration of a probate and maximize the value of the estate by reducing taxes and other expenses.
- Wills & Trusts
- Business Succession Planning
- Probate Administration
A lawsuit or (very rarely) “suit in law” is a civil action brought in a court of law in which a plaintiff, a party who claims to have incurred loss as a result of a defendant’s actions, demands a legal or equitable remedy. S&G handles litigation associated with its other practice areas.
- Civil & Commercial Litigation
- Construction & Real Estate Litigation
- Corporate Litigation
- Creditors’ Rights
- Labor, Employment & Civil Rights Litigation Defense
- Negligence Claims
- Personal Injury/Tort Litigation
Property Owners Association, Condos & Mobile Home Parks
A Homeowner’s Association is comprised of two or more homeowners that belong to a mandatory membership organization for the maintenance of commonly owned real estate and improvements and regulations of privately owned property in a given area.
- General Counsel Services / Board Representation
- HOA and Condo Association Litigation
- Condominium Formation
- Mobile Home Litigation
Private & Publicly Funded Schools
We are proud to provide counsel to private schools & public charter schools.
- General Counsel & Board Representation
- Sunshine & Public Records Law
- Employee and Student Civil Rights Matters
- Contracts, Corporate Matters, and Facility Construction
- Assistance with Matters Before School Board and Department of Education
Let us assume that you had a will, and perhaps a trust, prepared years ago, but you have not had to use those documents. That is excellent news! However, have you had your documents reviewed lately to ensure that the most recent changes in law are addressed?
For example, do your living will and designation of health care surrogate incorporate language relating to HIPAA? Are changes in the estate tax exemption amounts properly handled? Have your documents been updated as necessary if you have moved across state lines? Contact us to be sure.
A mediator is a neutral person who tries to aid disputing persons in reaching a mutually agreeable solution to their differences. Mediation is often used by parties to litigation and is often ordered by the Court, ideally before huge litigation expenses are incurred. The best mediators measure success by their ability to get the case settled.
The choice of a mediator is critical. A good mediator should be experienced in solving multi-faceted problems by encouraging creative solutions that the parties may not yet have considered or discussed.
Lewis Stone has spent years exercising his talents as a certified circuit mediatior. He accepts both voluntary mediations and mediations ordered by the Court. Please contact our firm at (352) 357-0330 to discuss mediation options.